We’ve been working relentlessly in the last few months to move the product forward. We’ve redesigned the interface, added new features and got rid of one too many bugs. Our goal is to make PingPong the most advanced UX research platform to help you and other fellow UX researchers do what they do best. We’ve added a lot of useful things – let’s get started with our second product update.
If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late. — Reid Hoffman
Our first, MVP product built with Ruby on Rails, the product of a few weekend hackathons, had been up and running for a while and was accepting user signups. But after validating that there was a lot of user demand, we decided to fully rebuild the product with a new codebase to set ourselves up for future growth.
Let’s just say we’re fairly embarrassed by the results, also a little proud at the same time. This blogpost is about all the fuckups happened during our first week of launching PingPong v2 for our private customers and the bumpy road we travelled down.
The big user research challenge
Every single design project we worked on at Hanno in the last 2 years required research and testing. And every single time we’d spend a huge chunk of time finding the right users to talk to and scheduling interview sessions with them.
Finding specific people for your research is HARD and proved to be an existing and unresolved problem.
If you’re involved in UX design and research, you’ll know exactly what am I talking about.